12 June 2007

Pancake Ritual


I’ve always had my own unique way of eating pancakes. I’ve discovered that a lot of people also have their own.

My take. And this applies to my all time favorite, McDonald’s two piece pancakes. Spread butter then strawberry jam on one pancake, place the second pancake on top of the first pancake and proceed to spread butter and strawberry jam on top of the second one. Pour the lovely golden sweetness (channeling Nigella?) of the maple syrup and let it ooze. I normally slice the pancakes into strips, then into cubes before I eat it. Usually, my friends are already half done with theirs before I even begin to eat.

I’ve been having a lot of pancakes these days at McDonalds and have observed how other people eat theirs.

This guy who sat on the table in front of me eats his pancakes very differently that I think I kind of freaked him out because I couldn’t stop looking. He spreads butter on one pancake then swirls the maple syrup on it. And I mean swirl! I could see the swirl from my table. He starts swirling from the center to the outer corners. Then he slices a strip, rolls that strip and then eats it. Talk about art attack on food.

Others are not too fussy about it. Spread butter, pour syrup, slice, eat. Simple, sweet.

Ceia if I remember correctly, puts one pancake on top of the other. Then lifts the top pancake so she can spread butter underneath. Then pours the syrup in sections, slices half of the pancake in strips, then in cubes. Did I get it right?

Leigh's way is similar to mine with the exception of the last step. She slices her pancakes like a pizza instead of slicing them into cubes.

What’s your pancake ritual?

*photo courtesy of iirraa at flickr.com

Orange Git at 3:46 PM

2comments

2 Comments

at 8:57 PM Blogger The Traveling Epicure said...

Pretty much how I do nga. 'Cept that now I cut all them pieces into cubes. No more halves. :)

I shall try that strawberry jam thing. And yes, channel Nigella in the process too. :)

Maybe we should have breakfast instead of lunch as our despidida meal with Leigh? :)

 
at 12:36 AM Blogger Orange Git said...

Changes noted. Haha. Parang official.

True! I'm amenable to whatever. Basta Leigh's free, I shall wake up for breakie for her ;)

 

Post a Comment