03 June 2007

Break Ups

Break ups are messy. They suck the life out of the breakees. A lot of break ups are happening all at once. Is this break up season? I want to hug my friends and somehow transfer all my good energies to make them feel better. But anything I say is not enough to mask the pain. It's hard to make them see beyond the now. I wish we didn't have to go thru these things but that's life, we rise and fall.

Which brings me to question... Is love worth the pain? Is "It's better to have loved, than to not have loved at all." just pure baloney? For someone who has never been in love, I'd risk it and say yes, maybe it's worth it. But coming from an objective point of view, it's still best to be selfish, to leave some love for yourself and not go all out.

Cei told me before, and I still have that message with me, "promise me that you won't forget yourself, that you won't give everything that you are to that one person." I think this is the hardest thing to do. We forget to leave some for ourselves because we're so hung over love. And when love does end, we don't know where to start going back to our old selves because we've been lost in love.

Time heals all wounds no matter how painful. No matter how dark the future seems, life has a way of working out. We get better. We don't forget, but we move on. We must.

Orange Git at 12:55 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment