30 April 2007

Cooky Monday

You are in the middle of a very slow, very mundane Monday. You don’t care if your officemates see you watching Bollywood news on Youtube. Anything to wake you up.

You suddenly remember that you lost one document and need to go on a mad search for it. At last! Menial, brainless work! Perfect for an afternoon of procrastination. You stand up, start rummaging through your mountain of papers and start looking busy. Then your officemate says you have a phone call. Who the hell would be calling when you’re finally doing “work”?

You say hello, took you two seconds to figure out who that droning, moping voice at the other end of the line comes from. Yes, that insufferable excuse for a man.

You: Why did you call? (Get lost.)
Him: I’m bored. (And this is my problem?) What’s new?
You: Nothing. (Like I would tell you)
Him: So what’s new? (This used to be cute, turned to tolerable, now it’s just annoying)
You: Nothing! I’m looking for something ok. You interrupted me. (GET LOST!)
Him: What are you looking for? Maybe I know. (slimeball! Eeeewwwerr!)
You: *deadpan tone* As if…
Him: Why are you still pretending to work? You only have a month left there. (if you could put your hands through the phone, you would’ve taken all his hair out by now)
You: Two months. (Why do you even bother to answer?! Why?!)
Him: So when are you treating me? (the gall!)
You: No more treats. I need to save up. Besides, you bought a new gadget. You have more money.
Him: I did? I bought something new? I told you? When?
You: gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr… (at this point you really want to hang up, hell you should’ve hung up when he said he’s bored?! What’s wrong with you?!)
Him: You’re so cranky. You’re no fun to talk to. Good thing I still call you and talk to you. Better if I just call someone else. (he should be thankful he’s far far away for me to do any physical damage, but then witchcraft transcends distance.. hmmmm…)
You: Fine. Go pester someone else.

You hang up. You could’ve said “Like I care” or “Like I really still want to talk to you?” or “Get lost you jerkwod!” Plenty of things, more dramatic, more fitting to go with slamming the phone after you’ve said the line. But no, you’ve lost your chance yet again. Gaaaaaaaahhhhh! When will this silliness end?!

Orange Git at 5:04 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 10:01 PM Blogger The Traveling Epicure said...

OHMYGOD. It is bad. Tsk tsk. Don't worry dear, it'll pass. ;)

 

Post a Comment