11 April 2007

Boracay Overload

I like my Boracay when I can actually see water and sand, when I don't have to wrestle for a spot on the beach, when I can just have peace and quiet. That's the way I like it. Some photos to share of this year's beach trip.

















Just goes to show that not all pretty food actually taste good. We went to the Lemon Cafe and I ordered the turkey breast with apple celery mayo sandwich. Sounds tasty, right? Not! The sandwich, which was the best tasting of all the food that we ordered, tasted quite bland. I had to finish the sandwich because it was quite pricey. The saving grace of the dish, the potato chips. How can you go wrong with potato chips?
















Mongolian grill at Summer Place is a classic Boracay meal. I always ask the waitresses to mix the numerous seasonings available. If I leave it up to me to season the meat and veggies, it would be inedible
















I've been in love with the Shawarma at Cafe Del Mar since I was introduced to it during my first trip to Boracay. The spicy sauce and filling beef and veggies is good enough for lunch. Their mango shake is best to wash down this spicy treat.















And the best and cheapest meal of all... The chori burger for only P40. Best buy ever! It looks like roadkill but it tastes divine. Such a contrast to the bland tasting sandwich up there. Basic bread and chorizo grilled to crisp with spicy sauce. This is my idea of heaven.

















Chillout Bar. Lounge chairs on the beach, accoustic music by a diva guitar player who doesn't want to sing our requests, semi-cutie looking men who can pass as eye candy for the night and most importantly, booze. We're there! And as a bonus, they even have a waiter cum fire dancer. I don't know if he wanted to burn his clients but he was really quite close to us so we had to stand up and move further away from him, much further. The chairs in the picture are evidence to how close he was to us when he started dancing.























Stalking Paolo Paraiso at Jonah's. We must have seen this dude more than four times. He started looking quite freaked out the third time we saw him. Excuse me, we weren't stalking him We'd like to think he was stalking us.. hmmm..












The always pretty sand castles. For only a "donation" that starts at P20, you can have your picture taken in front of it. If you're too nuts in love with your boyfriend or girlfriend, it only takes P120 for the manong to write your names on the bottom part of the sand castle and then you may do all the mushy and cheezy poses you want with your partner. Please, spare me!


Wait a minute, where's the beach? I can't talk about Boracay and not show the beach.
















There.. much better..













Take your pick, the always hypnotizing Boracay sunset



















This is beach life. When you have nothing to do but take plenty of pictures, some of them quite silly like this one, but who cares. Take too many pictures that fill your memory card to the brim. Lounge on a hammock, pretend to read when you're really taking a nap, roll on the white sand. You're on vacation, it's summer, you have the license to go crazy.

Orange Git at 4:41 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment