18 June 2007

Me Wantz Itz











Creative Zen Vision M vs iPOD Nano 8gig Red special edition



Decisions, decisions. Pretty petty ones to make, but still, decisions nonetheless.

They're both retailing at the same price. If you look at it practically, there's no decision to make. Zen Vision M is the winner. With 30gig capacity, video capability, FM radio enabled etc., it's one mean mp3 player. I've read rave reviews about it and I've always been convinced that should I buy an mp3 player, I'd surely go for this. No questions asked.

Till the day I saw the red special edition of the iPOD nano. Sure it's only 8gig compared to 30. Sure it only plays mp3 and wav and stores photos. But. It. Is. So. Damn. Pretty! The mere sight of it makes me salivate. My inner Gollum is threatening to be unleashed.

The iPOD nano red is part of the Product Red campaign of Bono. I am extremely bothered though, that only $10 from the $304 (peso cost converted) that I'd spend will go to the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa. Seriously, would my $10 even make a difference?

We're talking aesthetics here. I'm being honest and admitting that pure aesthetics is the real issue. Functionality versus visual appeal. Which path do I take?

Then there's another decision, should I go for the 30 gig or the 60 gig? Enough now, enough. That's something I have to think about after I get through the first hurdle.

Help!

Orange Git at 6:12 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 11:38 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember being in the same predicament when I was choosing a car...I wanted to foresake my getz for this tiny tin can accident-waiting-to-happen for a car because getz doesn't have the shiny emerald green model kia had. I remember you telling me.."This is why girls shouldn't choose cars"
Well, all I can say is..back at ya! Hegh. Hegh. Hegh.
Seriously though, If I could put my 2 cents in, I think you should buy the better one (in terms of performance) and then buy a fabulous case.

 

Post a Comment