15 November 2006

You know you’re addicted to Korean dramas if…

Got this from today's Inquirer. Let's see if I'm really addicted.

INQUIRER LIFESTYLE - LIFESTYLE

You know you’re addicted to Korean dramas if…

November 15, 2006
Updated 01:04:13 (Mla time)
Melissa Telan
Inquirer

1. You’ve tried, or you’re trying, to learn Korean in the hopes that one day you’ll watch your favorite dramas without aid of dubbing or subtitles.
CHECK! I can read Korean characters now, I just don't know what most of them mean.

2. You’ve watched your favorite dramas at least three times, and your favorite scenes—the most heart-wrenching or the most kilig—at least 10.
CHECK! I even downloaded the NGs (not good scenes, bloopers)

3. Someone asks you to recall a particular scene from your favorite drama and you recite it in full detail, including the actors’ lines and the episode number where such scene is found.
CHECK AGAIN! Scary if I start reciting in Korean

4. You convince your friends, family, classmates, officemates and just about anyone who hasn’t caught the Koreanovela bug yet to watch Korean dramas. And you do this with the kind of fervency that would make a door-to-door salesman proud.
CHECK! I've recruited one, still looking for more victims.

5. Your cell phone’s ring tones feature the theme songs of “My Girl,” “Full House,” “Winter Sonata” (or the ring tones featured in such shows).
Does it count if my cell phone music playlist has Korean songs?

6. Your mp3 player contains mostly K-pop music or Korean ballads from your favorite drama’s soundtrack.
CHECK! Well, I don't have an mp3 player yet, but my laptop has plenty of K-pop.

7. You create an online shrine dedicated to your favorite hallyu star or show.
I haven't tried this one yet. Although I've devoted countless blog entries on Rain ;)

8. You know what hallyu means.
Hehe.. CHECK! Korean wave...

9. Your Korean drama collection is big enough for you to open a small video rental shop.
Ummm... no naman... just enough to get me in trouble with Edu Manzano

10. You’re part of several fan clubs or a regular in online forums such as those found in soompi.com, d-addicts.com and tsinoy.com, all dedicated to your favorite K-artista or artistas.
CHECK! Soompi babe of the Rain forum!

11. You tirelessly write, petition, clamor and beg local television stations to bring your favorite Korean star to the Philippines.
Not yet. I think other pinoy Rain fans are doing this already so let's not duplicate efforts ;)

12. You’re one of the earliest to line up at the airport when a K-star does come. Then you follow him or her to the hotel, where you’ve also booked yourself. If he or she has TV guestings or mall tours, you chalk up perfect attendance in all of them.
I will when Rain comes to town.

13. You save lunch money to be able to afford pricey collector’s items from www.Yesasia.com, such as DVDs or other K-drama paraphernalia.
Umm... I'm a pirate... nuf said.

14. When you do have lunch, you regularly make a beeline to Korean restaurants to eat kimbap, kimchi, and other such food fare that are featured in the dramas. You also search high and low for soju.
I guess, no. But I do love the Korean Garden resto in Malate by Adriatico and occassionally drop by our friendly neighborhood Korean grocery for goodies. I have yet to venture into the world of soju since I hear it tastes like gasoline.

15. You save up money for your dream tour of Korea to see all the places featured in their dramas.
CHECK! Next year, KOREA in autumn!

16. You watch your favorite drama all over again, this time dubbed in Filipino and shown in local channels, even if you’ve seen the entire English subtitled version.
Nahh, I don't like the pinoy dubbed version. The humor and kilig moments are lost in translation. Plus I love hearing the actual Korean language.

17. You dream in Korean (plus points if the dream has English subtitles).
CHECK! The one dream I had was with Park Shin Yang. He was speaking to me in Korean but I responded in English ;)

So how did I do? 11 out of 17, good enough. I am a certified Hallyu addict.

Orange Git at 2:50 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment