23 October 2006

Such A Fan

My friend's choir group, Hangad, had a concert Saturday night. 15 years, 15 songs. Greenbelt church was unexpectedly full right after the anticipated mass.

The concert was great, as usual. I'm not just saying so because my friend's in the choir. Hangad really inspires you to pray. When they sing, you feel connected to God.

I was blown away though, when my friend sang her solo. We never know when she'll have her own song. She never tells us because she doesn't want anyone to expect. I totally get that. And it's always a pleasant surprise to find her standing in the middle of the stage, eyes closed, channeling her inner pop diva that we only get to see occassionally.

We never seem to get over how good she is. I looked like an idiot with a semi smile on my face the whole time she was singing. Her performance was so moving. If I felt like a proud mom watching her kid perform for the first time, I wonder how her parents and her sister felt? They must have been bursting with pride.

She was great, as ever. But she seems to be getting better with every performance. She'll probably kill me if she sees this blog. Done deal, brah! Published already. Hehe. We're so proud of you! We are forever your entourage.

Orange Git at 3:50 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment