17 September 2006

I'm Here

Why does everyone else’s life seem so complicated than mine? It’s a very arrogant and selfish admission, but it’s true. Dear Lord, I’m not asking for complications. In fact, thank you for sparing me. Hearing about problems and difficulties of friends makes me so very grateful that I’ve lived a fairly easy and uncomplicated life. And I do know that I can't handle complications that well either.

Of my entire 26 years as a human being, I’ve listened to a lot of experiences. I’ve never gone through them myself but hearing about them makes me feel that I have. I don’t know how, but I can somehow empathize with my friends. I feel a tinge of the pain that they’re going through.

A certain level of comfort, which is really just being there as a soundboard, is all I can give. Consistent company and an ear is all I can provide. Maybe that’s my function, my purpose. To listen to those who need to release frustrations, to say “I support you” when needed, to be just the overall “I’m here” person.

It’s easier said than done. Challenging yes… doable, we'll see.

Orange Git at 7:47 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment