27 January 2007

Raining on a Friday Night

I’m now the proud owner Rain’s first and second albums. It’s crazy, fanatic behavior which I thought I’d already outgrown. This is so high schoolish, like back when I died just seeing the words New Kids On The Block on anything. But apparently, I haven’t.

Two nights ago, I dropped by my friendly neighborhood OK! Books, which is a Korean bookstore near my place. The saleslady knows my face since I always go there to browse, check out their loot even if I don’t see anything worth buying. But that night, I saw a few pin buttons of Rain. I restrained myself and bought two buttons, although I really wanted to buy all the varieties. I don’t know where the hell I’ll pin those buttons but I bought them anyway. My biggest mistake of the night was I asked the saleslady how long they’ve had Rain’s first album. I guess she sensed that I was an easy market for anything Rain so she conveniently mentioned that she had all of his albums in stock. It was just in their stock cabinet since the person who ordered it never claimed it.

My heart suddenly beat faster as I saw her take out four, shiny, very pretty albums. My eyes popped and I started salivating. I only had 500 bucks in my wallet. If there was an ATM machine nearby, I would have bought them that night. But no, I restrained myself and reserved the two that I didn’t own.


I am 1,700 bucks poorer but I’m so giddy with my loot. I am ignoring the fact that I can buy five CDs or five pairs of shoes with that much money and that I have most of the mp3s on my laptop. No one can tell me that I’ve wasted my money. My friends already think I’m crazy but I don’t care! And they know it. This is quality! I still look lovingly at them. I especially love the 2nd album. I think it’s the prettiest CD I’ve ever acquired. The CD booklet is twice the normal booklet size and filled with really nice photos. Not just nice because Rain’s in it. But genuinely nice, quality pictures. I’m sure my photographer friend will agree with me when I show her the pictures. Did I pay 500 bucks more for the pictures? Hell yeah! And I even plan to do it again. I’ve already placed my order for the 4th album, special edition which the saleslady said will probably arrive in less than a month. I’m excited.
















the prettiest CD ever! 비 volume 2: 태양을비하는방법

I was supposed to spend the night on a date till the pesky person cancelled (see previous rant post please). But I had so much fun spending the night alone with Rain… Crazy, fanatic, bordering on psycho behavior. I DON’T CARE! I’m loving it. Good times...

Orange Git at 11:06 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment