03 September 2007

The Real Deal

Yes I did do all those things I posted in the previous entry again. But this time, it wasn't a rehearsal to anything. It was for real and I wasn't on the VIP seat. I had to actually deliver and make this dignitary happy to save the economies of the countries in the ASEAN region. Ok, a bit over exaggerating. The thing is, when the time actually came for me to do my job, I had butterflies in my stomach. I couldn't eat. I was a nervous wreck. Mostly getting anxious and excited (anxioutated from Ceia). Probably because I've been out of the loop and I haven't done this, at this level, yet.

It was over, just like that. My sole responsibility did not stay for long and left before I could even say Angelina Jolie. I got a surprising and quite generous thank you. I don't know if I deserved it but hey, we have to be thankful for all our blessings. I was and still am extremely thankful ;) Apart from that thank you, I lived in a five star hotel for almost a week, consumed crazy amounts of good coffee and food and developed new friendships while I was at it. I've recovered from the drop dead tiredness of it all. I should have after that weekend hibernation of 7pm Saturday night to 10am Sunday morning. I still don't know what to do with my thank you.. save it, I guess.

I'd like to have more opportunities like this, which I think strengthened my resolve to push on and if possible, pursue my current (non existent?) career. It was fun while it all lasted. I missed running around and being extremely busy. I've been such a slacker the past couple of months. Now I know I still haven't quite lost my mojo when it comes to work. I still got that bully everyone-I don't care who you are-stratagem that I thought weakened from lack of practice.

Reality bites though. Hotel living, hagad traveling days are over. Must pursue what needs to be pursued. Delaying tactics are over. Huwwaaaaaa!!!!

Orange Git at 4:21 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment