21 July 2007

High EQ Mode


I have it! It's finally here, still wrapped in the Fully Booked plastic bag. And what do I do? Blog. Yes friends, I am psycho. I've been waiting for this for so long and when I finally get it, I can't even touch it.

I'm cramping, I've only slept for three hours but only Harry can make me wake up at 6am on a Saturday. I went with the roomies to Powerplant. As we entered the mall, we saw people carrying their copies and it heightened the excitement and agitation of getting our own. I was sure I'd get a copy even if I didn't reserve. A profit-minded retailer would most probably stock up and take advantage of this hype. If we could only jump from the first level to the third level of the mall, I think we would have done so. We got to Fully Booked and saw tables covered with the book. I touched them lovingly and picked the one that called to me. My friends were done paying and I was still selecting my book!

Pathetic though, we were having our free coffee at the Press when Teen messaged and told us that JK Rowling dedicated the book to us. To be specific, she writes, " ...and to you, if you have stuck with Harry until the very end."I started weeping! Maybe it's the hormones, maybe it's the lack of sleep, maybe it's the heat. I even got goosebumps now as I typed her words. It really got to me. The books have been part of my consciousness for almost eight years. And now that I have the last book, I'm quite nostalgic thinking how life would be like with one less thing to look forward to. I'm on delayed gratification mode. If I can stretch the time I spend reading it, I would if only to savor the experience. But I know I'd probably rush once I open the first page. So for now, I'll still keep it in the plastic bag where it's been for three hours now. I'll get to it in... 30 minutes... Haha! Not so high EQ mode after all.

Orange Git at 9:30 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment