01 August 2007

We're moving!



Finally after six years, we're moving to a new place. We've been trying to do it for four years now but we never found the perfect space. Finally we have. This one's almost twice as big as our old apartment, has a roof deck (parteh!) with an amazing view of the Makati skyline and is near Buddy's Pancit Lucban (hala, purga sa pancit hab hab).

It's actually just down the road, 10 minutes away from where we are now. But I still can't help the creeping separation anxieties. Six years is a long time, you know. Lots of memories in that small space that we called home for quite a while. So allow me to be nostalgic for a bit. Some things I'll miss when we move.

It's not a total separation from all of these things. After all, we're not moving that far. But it's still different. However, I'm extremely excited and hopeful that this move will open to more opportunities. Maybe it will bring us that career boost we've been waiting for, or new and brighter prospects in our nonexistent "social" lives (I will not label it as what it really is.. hehe. Don't want to be like Uncle Vernon in Bridget Jones' Diary). New aura, feng shui, good karma... whatever it is. This move feels good.

So we're off! Packing the must haves and disposing the worn out. Someone made me think before that moving was such a burden, like it's a never ending packing experience. But like most of the things that person made me believe, it's actually quite the opposite. I'm loving this experience. By this time next week, I'll have a new address. It's sinking in, and it feels fabulous.

Orange Git at 2:33 AM

1comments

1 Comments

at 11:36 AM Blogger The Traveling Epicure said...

I'm so excited for you guys! :)

 

Post a Comment