19 July 2007

Uh-oh we are in trouble

I read this from Time Magazine's article on "The Science of Addiction." This is me, this is so me.

Substance and behavioral addiction
Caffeine: It is the most widely used mood-altering drug in the world and is routinely ingested by about 80%-90% of Americans, primarily through soda and coffee. A daily brewed cup of joe, with 100 mg of caffeine, can lead to physical dependence. Withdrawal symptoms are experienced by 40% to 70% of those trying to quit.

I remember two years back. As my Lenten sacrifice, I tried not to ingest any kind of caffeine in my system during Fridays. Oh what a nightmare. I turned into a monster, an ugly, cranky, generally foul and vile version of me. I cannot see myself going through that again. Just thinking about it makes me shiver and feel cold, like a dementor was about to suck all the happiness from me. I don't smoke, I rarely drink. But caffeine is my poison.

Orange Git at 12:44 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment